All bookings are made on the understanding that you will abide by these terms and conditions. “The Organisers” are Casa Del Sol, its shamans, agents, and assistants. “The Participant” is the person named above and on the Booking Form for this event.
1. The Organisers reserve the right to accept or decline a booking at any time.
2. The Participant agrees willingly to take part in this programme, its excursions, and ceremonies.
3. The Organisers will do their utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of the Participant at all times within the remit of this programme. The Participant, in turn, agrees to exercise caution and consideration for him or herself and for others and indemnifies the Organisers against claims for injury, loss, damage, misadventure or inconvenience at all stages.
4. The Participant has made confidential disclosures regarding medical conditions and/or use of medications and agrees to inform the Organisers of any change in their circumstances at all times up until the date of the retreat and also during the retreat, should the participant want or need to take any medication.
5. The Organisers have recommended that the Participant, prior to entry into this Agreement, seeks and obtains medical advice as to the effects of the plant medicines offered on this retreat, singly and in combination with any medication they are taking. The Participant, having done so or deemed it unnecessary, vows that he or she is in a good and stable physical and mental condition appropriate to the activities described in this programme and agrees to participate at his or her own risk. The responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions – alongside professional medical advice – and for acting on this or otherwise – remains with the Participant.
6. The Participant has been advised that these medicines are visionary plants and is clear on the meaning of this. Sources of additional information can be provided. The Participant has the option of taking any, all, or none of the plants on offer and should he or she wish to take them, has conducted appropriate research into their possible effects and does so voluntarily, taking responsibility for his or her actions. If plant medicines are available at a retreat, the Participant agrees to take/consume these medicines voluntarily at the volition of the Participant.
7. The Organisers will supply transportation, training, food and accommodation, Ayahuasca/San Pedro ceremonies and shamanic events during the dates given and the programme outline supplied. The Organisers are not responsible for other events and costs outside of this programme or for flight cancellations or travel interruptions, and no refunds, reimbursements, or payments-in-kind will be made by the Organisers for these.
8. Although it is unlikely that the itinerary or costs of this programme will change, the Organisers reserve the right to make such changes if necessary or to cancel the programme if need be. In the unlikely event that the programme is canceled a refund will be made to the Participant of fees paid by him or her to the Organisers. The Organisers are not, however, responsible for other costs which the Participant may incur or have incurred such as transportation or travel or the purchase of any goods or materials.
9. The Organisers will do their best to help with any special requests, needs or travel arrangements that the Participant may make but is not beholden to do so and the Participant understands that requests outside of this programme may also need to be paid separately by the Participant as an addition to the programme cost and that he or she may also have to make his or her own arrangements (e.g. for travel outside the programme) at his or her own cost.
10. If the Participant withdraws from this event or cannot attend for whatever reason the course fee will be refunded (minus any bank transfer charge or other fees) provided that his or her withdrawal from the event is made in writing at least 30 days prior to the first day of this programme, save for the Participant’s deposit which is non-refundable in all circumstances. The Organisers are not responsible for any other costs which the Participant may incur or have incurred.
11. The Participant will not hold the Organisers liable for damages, injuries, losses, accidents or delays, including wilful or negligent acts, failures to act or breaches of contract by any parties which supply goods or services for this event.
12. The Participant indemnifies the Organisers against any loss or damage resulting from insufficient or improperly issued passports, visas or other travel documents.
13. The Participant has been advised to take out medical and travel insurance for their journey and for this event covering personal accident, medical expenses, losses, repatriation and other expenses which might arise as a result of a loss, damage, injury, delay or other inconvenience. The Organisers are not liable for any such expenses and as such, any such fees paid in advance by the Organisers to assist the Participant in medical assistance, treatment or repatriation or any such expenses thereof will be paid back to the Organiser by the Participant no more than 14 days after such payment has been made by the Organiser.
14. The Participant – and his or her family – understand the special nature of this journey and will indemnify the Organisers and their associates, agents and representatives for any injury or ailment occurring during this programme or afterward. The onus is on the Participant to explain this programme to others if need be and to ensure their agreement and understanding.
15. The Participant agrees to show respect for the environments he or she is in and to act with courtesy towards group members and local people. Should the Participant commit any illegal act or should his or her behaviour affect other people’s enjoyment of this event he or she may be asked to leave the programme and shall have no entitlement to complaint or refund and shall bear any extra expenses incurred.
16. The Participant agrees that any photographs, videos or notes taken by the Organisers during this event in which the Participant may feature may be published by the Organisers and gives consent to this without consideration unless prior written agreements are entered into.
17. The Participant acknowledges that this programme, its contents, its name and the materials and information they have received concerning it are the copyright, intellectual and trading property of Casa Del Sol and agrees not to use these materials or information for any purpose which is or may be construed as of a competitive nature, whether commercial (profit-seeking) or non-commercial (‘humanitarian’ or not-for-profit) without the express permission of the Organisers in writing.
18. The Participant acknowledges that questions or communications regarding this programme, the people involved or the venues for this event are to be directed solely towards and through the Organisers, i.e. Casa Del Sol: email@example.com
19. The Participant agrees to acknowledge Casa Del Sol and this programme (including email and website addresses) in any production of his or her own which may result from his or her participation in this event, whether this is of a commercial or non-commercial nature. This may include but is not limited to books, articles, films, videos, CDs, tapes, DVDs and productions using online resources such as YouTube and Facebook which are intended or available for public broadcast or diffusion. Such acknowledgment must not, however, be presented as an endorsement by the Organisers of any materials produced by the Participant unless this is expressly agreed in writing.
20. The relationship between the Participant and the Organisers is governed by international law and in the unlikely event that a controversy arises which cannot be resolved, both parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the International Courts.
21. The Participant has read, understood and voluntarily signed this Agreement and vows that no representations, statements or inducements have been made by the Organisers for him/her to take part in this programme or to sign this Agreement. By signing this Agreement, the Participant waives certain legal rights including the right to sue.
22. The information you provide in this document will be kept in strict confidence. Unless required to do so by law or for the resolution of any dispute we will not divulge this to any third party.
23. It is assumed that the Participant has read the information on Ayahuasca, San Pedro and other plant medicines as appropriate with the retreat they are attending.
24. The Participant is aware that this event involves the use of visionary medicinal plants which are traditionally used in Peru for shamanic healing, vision-questing, and divination. The Participant understands that taking them may involve emotional, spiritual, psychological and/or physical reactions and the Participant agrees to take part and abide by the terms and conditions which apply to this and other instructions and advice given orally or in writing at any stage during the programme.
25. The Participant has made full and complete confidential disclosures that they wish the Organisers to know and these are honest and accurate regarding their needs and condition. The Participant understands that these disclosures will be kept in the strictest confidence.
26. The deposit is non-refundable in all cases and courses are usually not transferrable. This is because once you book, your place is held by us, not further advertised as available and cancellations mean it is unlikely that the place can be taken by another person.
27. For the same reason, if you decide to take a different course once you have booked a retreat/programme with us, your deposit from the first course will be lost and you will need to pay in full for the new course you wish to book.
28. For cancellations made within 30 days of the course start date, the deposit and retreat/programme fee (i.e. your total payment) is non-refundable as your place at this point is almost certainly unfillable by another participant and the costs of your accommodation and food etc. will already have been paid by us on your behalf to the venue.
29. If we receive your booking form only at the time of registration (retreat start date) at the retreat and not prior to the retreat and due to the information provided we feel that it is unsuitable for you to take part, we will let you know this immediately. Please also note that if you have been given fair time to send back the booking form to us, then, in this case, we will be unable to refund the price paid for the retreat as per the cancellation terms stated above.
30. Where we feel during a retreat a Participant is not able to benefit from the course any further or that continuing with the course will be at a detriment to either the Participants health or may affect the health of other Participants, then we reserve the right to discontinue the course with immediate effect for the said Participant. In such cases, the Organisers will not be held responsible for any administration or financial arrangements that are required by the Participant to be made for repatriation or travel back from the venue by the Participant. Please note that the Organiser will always aim to assist the Participant where possible, but this does not cover financial reimbursement.
31. We will always do what we can to remedy a situation, we are not in the habit of holding on to deposits and retreat fees where we are able to fill the place but please understand the above terms for cancellations. Please take this into account before booking with us.
32. The Participant is happy for Casa Del Sol to contact them via email about upcoming retreats and information about plant medicines that may be of use to them.
This booking form, its contents, disclosures and agreements signed herein are effective for this and all other retreats/ceremonies the Participant chooses to engage in with Casa Del Sol. Whether the retreat is a published retreat/ceremony or not. The Participant agrees to be bound by the agreements herein for all engagements and where any part of this agreement is not enforceable or valid for a particular retreat/ceremony, it will still be enforceable and valid for other retreats whether past or upcoming.
By submitting this reservation, I do not hold Casa Del Sol, or any of its employees, agents, assistants or volunteers responsible for my belongings, health, or any other unforeseen circumstance. I have read and agree to the cancellation/refund policies herein and understand that all events, classes, workshops, and retreats are for entertainment and relaxation purposes only, not therapeutic in nature.
I understand that Casa Del Sol cannot provide me with medical attention nor does Casa Del Sol have a doctor or nurse on site. I am alerting Casa Del Sol in the “special dietary or medical needs” section if I have health conditions which Casa Del Sol needs to know about for my safety. By submitting my reservation for a Shamanic Ceremony Retreat at Casa Del Sol, or any other type of stay with Casa Del Sol, I understand that my health and well-being is my responsibility and not that of Casa Del Sol, its staff, or any employee, agent, assistant, volunteer, host or associates thereof. I am bringing medicines I need with me, I will not take any medications without the prior consent and written approval of Casa Del Sol. I have consulted with my doctor if I feel the need, and I have enough money to take care of my own health needs. If I have signed up for the shamanic retreat, or choose to when I am there, I take full responsibility for my experiences or reactions to the shamanic retreat. I choose to participate in shamanic retreat of my own free will. If participating in the shamanic retreat, I know that I will be partaking in plant medicine teas. Whatever type of stay at Casa Del Sol I choose, I promise to be careful, follow directions, and ask for help if I should need assistance in any way whatsoever.