How to reach Casa del Sol Retreat Center
Getting to Ecuador
Casa del Sol Retreat Center is located in the beautiful Sacred Valley of San Pedro in Vilcabamba. The closest airport is the Catamayo (Loja Airport, LOH)
- The best travel itinerary is to book your flight to Quito (UIO), as flights to Loja are currently only departing from Quito. Once in Quito, please book a flight to Loja Airport (LOH) through Aeroregional. You can reserve your ticket here: www.aeroregional.net
- Please note that flights to Loja Airport are currently available only 4 times a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Make sure your flight ticket matches one of these days.
- The 14-day quarantine upon entering the country was lifted in August, and the only requirement now is a negative COVID test result, maximum of 10 days before your arrival.
- Ecuador has transitioned to a new normality. Certain security measures are still being followed in the big cities. In little towns, where the number of cases has been kept to a minimum, life is slowly going back to normal.
- People here in Vilcabamba still rely on natural plant medicine and preventive uses of those medicines to strengthen their immune system. The Sacred Valley is offering a place to be more relaxed during this pandemic where we are surrounded by the beauty of Nature.
Getting to the Retreat Center
- After you land at the Loja ‘Catamayo’ Airport (LOH), we will have a taxi service ride waiting and ready to take you to Casa del Sol, after you enjoy a 90-minute drive through the beautiful Andean valley.
- Please let us know your arrival and departure flights and times in for us to coordinate accordingly.
- Alternatively if you arrive days before the start of the retreat, you may take a taxi from the airport to Vilcabamba, the closest town to our center.
- There are many beautiful accommodations here in the valley. We highly recommend Hosteria Izhcayluma: http://www.izhcayluma.com/en/vilcabamba.html
- If staying in Vilcabamba, to get to Casa del Sol you can take a taxi from the town square and tell them to take you to ‘Casa de Santiago y Ximena en barrio Sacapo en San Pedro’. It’s the first bridge by the river on the right hand side. The fare is approximately $4, depending on where in town you start your journey. The following is a photo of our entrance.